Fish Fingers and Custard
1½ oz. Butterscotch Schnapps
1 oz. Maker’s Mark (or other bourbon)
¾ oz. Vanilla Vodka
per 1 c. (8 oz) Eggnog
Store-bought eggnog may be used with this recipe*. Garnish with crushed graham cracker** and two Swedish Fish.
*Proportions for 10 servings of this eggnog: 15 oz. Butterscotch schnapps, 10 oz. Maker’s Mark, 7½ oz. Vanilla Vodka, 10 c. Eggnog
**Crush graham crackers to medium fine – for best results, sift super fine dust out before serving. It’s supposed to look like breading.
The 11th incarnation of The Doctor is portrayed by Matt Smith. Self-described as a “madman with a box,” The Doctor’s 11th incarnation is characterized by a childish whimsy offset by the time-worn loneliness of a 1,000 year old time traveler. Smartly dressed in tweeds and bowties (and occasionally a fez or stetson), the professorial-looking Doctor often throws logic and planning by the wayside, favoring improvised “plans” and jumping into the middle of things (often while yelling “GERONIMO!”) instead of the calculated creativity of his immediate predecessor. Lively, eccentric, passionate, he is often tormented by his loneliness as both the last Time Lord and as a time-traveler whose companions must one day leave him, although he is careful to show them all great affection while he can. The youngest Doctor to date, the 11th incarnation was in the TARDIS for 4 years until his regeneration in the 2013 Christmas special The Time of the Doctor. His companions included Amy Pond, Rory Williams, River Song, Craig Owens, Madame Vastra, Jenny Flint, Strax, and Clara Oswald.
- Traditional Eggnog Recipe (food.com)
- Doctor Who Children In Need teaser heightens excitement for 50th anniversary special (metro.co.uk)
- Matt Smith preps for Doctor Who farewell in 50th-anniversary special (with video) (canada.com)
- Doctor Who 50th anniversary artwork in style of Bayeux Tapestry represents entire story of Doctor’s adventures (mirror.co.uk)
- She’s Feisty, She’s Ginger, She’s Scottish, She’s Amy Pond: The Girl Who Waited (popwrapped.wordpress.com)
- Let’s Put Eggnog In Everything (buzzfeed.com)